Joe Somebody Soundtrack

SMACKOOOOOOO!

Don't remember why I had to post this, but ask and you shall receive. The fact that people other than myself and Jahred listen to the podcast is something I would have never imagined.

For you Smacko, the moon and the sky!

Joe Somebody Soundtrack courtesy of IMDb. If you don't know about IMDb, it's a big freaking deal to be on that sucker. If you are on imdb, some would say you've made it. Sounds like a dream come true. That is what this soundtrack may be to someone. To me, well I don't know.

Here we go.

If You Only Dream
Written and Performed by Sidney James
Courtesy of Marc Ferrari/Mastersource

First song, guess what? I can't find it anywhere. If you can find it somewhere on the internet, please send.

For those reasons:

0.5 - Just for the fact that this song exists somewhere, it gets a half.

Floating on Air
Written and Performed by Scott Nickoley & Jamie Dunlap
Courtesy of Marc Ferrari/Mastersource

https://www.shazam.com/track/71496069/floating-on-air-as-heard-in-shallow-hal

I was able to find this on shazam.com. The title of the track is "Floating on Air as Heard in Shallow Hal." It's quite lovely actually.

Would I listen to it again? No.

No lyrics, just an orchestra of sound.

2.0

We Luv U
Written by Ralph Jezzard and Richard Battersy
Performed by Grand Theft Audio
Courtesy of Sire Records Group
By Arrangement with Warner Special Products

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw38tojK1ac

Oh SNAP!

This song starts off with a distorted power-chord progression (nice), and then turns into some song you would expect to listen to while you are playing a video game (probably some Race Around the USA game in an arcade back when that was something to do). The same clowns who drive around in a jeep and still listen to Baha Men definitely bump this song too.

I bet this is what Jahred wakes up and brushes his teeth to in the morning while he prepares for another shirtless photo shoot.

3.0 - Just because 16 years ago I would have probably enjoyed this song while playing race around the USA.

Whip It
Written by Mark Mothersbaugh and Gerald V. Casale
Performed and Produced by Devo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo

I'm not listening to this song, nor do I ever want to hear this song again.

I know what it is, and it sucks. The only positive is how short it is.

0.5

Weapon of Choice
Written by Bootsy Collins, Fatboy Slim (as Norman Cook) and Ashley Slater
Performed by Fatboy Slim
Courtesy of Skint Records Ltd./Astralwerks Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

The percussion sounds like something you would hear at a resort in Hawaii. Honestly, the music video almost had me giggle.

"If you walk without rhythm, you never learn."

Deep.

*Snooze*

2.0

Larger Than Life
Written by Brian Littrell, Kristian Lundin and Max Martin (as Martin Sandberg)
Courtesy of MMO Music Group Inc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEb2CecR11I

Everyone knows this song. Absolutely electric and for the LADIESSSSSSSS. I had actually seen the Backstreet Boys in concert when I was 5 or 6. Can't remember. I just remember there was a touch of profanity I wasn't supposed to hear. Fun fact no one cares about.

In all seriousness, not the best lyrics. It's truly incredible you can rhyme "alright" with "alright."

Those laughs in the beginning of the song are horrific in the worse way.

Still groovy. Nothing like a group of dudes singing in unison, am I right?

2.0

Sometimes
Written by Michael Franti and Dave Shul
Performed by Spearhead
Courtesy of Six Degrees Records, Ltd.
By Arrangement with Ocean Park Music Group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MDujONLXc

I'll tell you what, I have only listened to this song once in my life, and if that was the only time in my entire life that I had to listen to this song I think I might live.

Headache's kicking in. If you ever want to torture me, lock me in a room and put this on repeat.

0.5

Dig It
Written by Tom Wilson and Michael Roth (as Mike Roth)
Performed by Tom Wilson
Courtesy of Columbia Records and Sony Music Entertainment (Canada) Inc.
By Arrangement with Sony Music Licensing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-k-86MEHno

I've heard this song in other places. Singer sounds creepy.

"I can suck her, super bad."

I don't even want to know what you mean, Tom.

"Yo, yo. Yo, yooo."

This whole soundtrack I just imagine Tim Allen trying to dance. Breathtaking.

1.5 - If I didn't google the lyrics I would have absolutely no idea what the point was. I still don't know.

The Sweetest Girl
Written by Sheppard, Kenny Gioia and Darius Rustam
Performed by Chloe
Courtesy of The RCA Records Label, a Unit of BMG Entertainment

Here's another one. Cannot locate the song on the internet.

How do these songs make it on a soundtrack, and then have nothing? Literally, nothing. Are these songs on other albums, or are we just doing people favors here?

0.5 - I CAN'T FIND YOU!

Songbird
Written by Christine McVie
Performed by Eva Cassidy
Courtesy of Blix Street Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No

I'm sure there were great intentions when this song was written and performed. It sounds like there was a decent amount of effort put into the lyrics. At least there's some emotion behind it all. This is what that couple who plans their honeymoon at Disneyland uses for their first dance at their wedding.

Not for me, but nice, Eva.

Oh, wait. She didn't write it. Classic.

Nice performance.

2.5

Happiness Is
Written by Brian Vander Ark, Donny Brown, Doug Corella and A.J. Dunning
Performed by The Verve Pipe
Courtesy of The RCA Records Label, a Unit of BMG Entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btvAKDZUEOE

Nothing says end an early 2000's movie with this feel good song like this load of noise.

By this point of listening to this soundtrack I am mentally exhausted. I hated it that much. And that weird electronic sound in between verses is giving me a headache in the worse way.

I give this song a solid 1.5 - same score as the soundtrack - 1.5

Thanks.

Tune in next time.

patcallahan44

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kangaroo Jack Soundtrack